2015 Annual Progress Report
II. Hydrogen Production
This section of the 2015 Annual Progress Report for the DOE Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program focuses on hydrogen production.
Hydrogen Production Sub-Program Overview, Eric Miller, U.S. Department of Energy
A. Hydrogen Production Analysis
- Hydrogen Pathways Analysis for Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) and Dark Fermentation, Brian James, Strategic Analysis, Inc.
- Renewable Electrolysis Integrated Systems Development and Testing, Mike Peters, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- High-Performance, Long-Lifetime Catalysts for Proton Exchange Membrane Electrolysis, Hui Xu, Giner Electrochemical Systems
- Low-Noble-Metal-Content Catalysts/Electrodes for Hydrogen Production by Water Electrolysis, Katherine Ayers, Proton OnSite
- High Temperature, High Pressure Electrolysis, Cortney Mittelsteadt, Giner Electrochemical Systems
C. High-Temperature Thermochemical
- High Efficiency Solar Thermochemical Reactor for Hydrogen Production, Anthony McDaniel, Sandia National Laboratories
- Flowing Particle Bed Solarthermal Redox Process to Split Water, Al Weimer, University of Colorado
- Electrolyzer Component Development for the HyS Thermochemical Cycle, William Summers, Savannah River National Laboratory
- Accelerated Discovery of Advanced RedOx Materials for Solar Thermal Water Splitting to Produce Renewable Hydrogen, Charles Musgrave, University of Colorado, Boulder
- New Metal Oxides for Efficient Hydrogen Production via Solar Water Splitting, Yanfa Yan, University of Toledo
- Tunable Photoanode-Photocathode-Catalyst Interface Systems for Efficient Solar Water Splitting, G. Charles Dismukes, Rutgers University
- High-Efficiency Tandem Absorbers for Economical Solar Hydrogen Production, Todd Deutsch, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Wide Bandgap Chalcopyrite Photoelectrodes for Direct Solar Water Splitting, Nicolas Gaillard, University of Hawaii
- Fermentation and Electrohydrogenic Approaches to Hydrogen Production, Pin-Ching Maness, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Improving Cyanobacterial O2-Tolerance Using CBS Hydrogenase for H2 Production, Pin-Ching Maness, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
F. Separations and Bio-Feedstock Conversion
- Monolithic Piston-Type Reactor for Hydrogen Production through Rapid Swing of Reforming/Combustion Reactions, Wei Liu, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Reformer-Electrolyzer-Purifier (REP) for Production of Hydrogen, Fred Jahnke, FuelCell Energy, Inc.